Device Monitoring Studio's scripting module exposes programming interfaces for a number of application internal objects. The current implementation exposes interfaces for the following objects:
Future releases of the Device Monitoring Studio will extend the list of scriptable objects.
Scripting System Changes
Version 7.70 updates the scripting support:
- TypeScript support
- TypeScript is now always enabled.
- Various API functions and event have been updated to use typed arrays.
- Better performance
- Scripting system has increased performance.
Scripting support in version 7.13 has changed significantly. This section lists all changes and also marks breaking changes:
- Scripting language support (breaking change)
Naming convention (breaking change)
- New method naming scheme: camelCase.
New event system (breaking change)
Simplification of many methods (breaking change)
Updated Scripting Site object (breaking change)
- Several methods of Scripting Site object have been updated and a few new ones added.
- New built-in object: Monitoring
- New monitoring object provides methods to create, configure and manage monitoring sessions.
- (Optional) support for TypeScript
Scripting in User Interface
Scripting Tool Window has been removed in Device Monitoring Studio 7.13. Now user scripts are opened in their own client windows inside application frame.