Installation fails at "Performing additional operations" step. How can I fix it?
Open the setup error log file which Setup automatically creates in your account's temporary folder. Locate the line just before the "ROLLING BACK" line. If it looks similar to
AUTOINSTALL(0) - CALL FUNCTION "C:\Program Files\HHD Software\Device Monitoring Studio\usb.dll" ...0x800b0100
AUTOINSTALL(0) - CALL FUNCTION "C:\Program Files\HHD Software\Device Monitoring Studio\serial.dll" ...0x800b0100
then follow these steps:
- Make sure your computer is connected to Internet.
- Right-click the downloaded installation file and select "Properties".
- Click on the "Digital Signatures" tab.
- Select the certificate in a list named "HHD Software Ltd." This must be the only entry in a list. Click the Details button.
- Windows will check the validity of the digital certificate. As part of this process, it may automatically download root certificate update package from Windows Update. Make sure you see the This digital signature is OK. message.
- Close all opened dialog windows and try installing the application again.
If the above procedure does not work, you may need to manually download and install the GlobalSign root certificate from the following page:
GlobalSign Root Certificates
You need to download and install two certificates: "R1 GlobalSign Root Certificate" and "R3 GlobalSign Root Certificate". Follow this procedure to install each certificate:
- Click on the "Download Root-R1 (Binary/DER Encoded)" button and save the downloaded file.
- Right-click the downloaded file in Windows Explorer and select "Install Certificate".
- If you get a security warning, click the "Open" button.
- Select "Local Machine" store location and click the "Next" button.
- Select the "Place all certificates in the following store" and click the "Browse" button.
- Select the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store and click the "OK" button.
- Click "Next" and complete the wizard.