Device Monitoring Studio Server is a software component that provides remote access to serial, USB and network devices, connected to the computer.
A server consists of the following components:
- Monitoring Modules
- Monitoring modules are filter device drivers and source libraries that can be attached to any supported device and provide the caller with a copy of transferred data and commands. Monitoring modules include serial, USB and network.
- Main Server Component
- This component is installed as Windows Service, runs whenever the computer is running (a logged on user is not required) and provides remote access to connected devices. This component is subject for administration.
- Administration MMC Snap-In
- This is a standard MMC snap-in used to administer the server component.
- Application programming interface, provided by main server component, allows administrators to use such technologies as Windows Scripting Host and PowerShell to administer and manage the server.