Device Monitoring Studio's scripting module exposes programming interfaces for a number of application internal objects. The current implementation exposes interfaces for the following objects:
Future releases of the Device Monitoring Studio will extend the list of scriptable objects.
Scripting System Changes
Version 8.03 adds HID Manager Object.
Version 8.02 updates the scripting support:
- Script Debugger
- Script debugger provides step-by-step execution, breakpoints, evaluation of variables and viewing of stack trace.
- File Manager Object
File Manager Object provides access to a file system.
- Network Manager Object
Network Manager Object encapsulates TCP session, UDP session and TCP Listener objects.
- Reworked Serial Terminal
Serial Terminal Object has been updated with breaking changes.
- Reworked MODBUS Scripting API
MODBUS Send Object has been removed and new MODBUS Builder Object has been introduced.
Version 7.81 updates the scripting support:
- Updated TypeScript
- TypeScript has been updated to version 2.3.
- Network Manager object (breaking change)
- TCP Manager object has been renamed to Network Manager Object.
- UDP session
- Added support for UDP Session.
- delay function
- A new global function delay has been added.
Version 7.70 updates the scripting support:
- TypeScript support
- TypeScript is now always enabled.
- Various API functions and events have been updated to use typed arrays.
- Better performance
- Scripting system has increased performance.
Scripting support in version 7.13 has changed significantly. This section lists all changes and also marks breaking changes:
- Scripting language support (breaking change)
Naming convention (breaking change)
- New method naming scheme: camelCase.
New event system (breaking change)
Simplification of many methods (breaking change)
Updated Scripting Site object (breaking change)
- Several methods of Scripting Site object have been updated and a few new ones added.
- New built-in object: Monitoring
- New monitoring object provides methods to create, configure and manage monitoring sessions.
- (Optional) support for TypeScript
Scripting in User Interface
Scripting Tool Window has been removed in Device Monitoring Studio 7.13. Now user scripts are opened in their own client windows inside application frame.