The library is distributed as a single executable file which is signed by the HHD Software, Ltd. You can use the operating system's provided tools to verify the digital signature to make sure the file is delivered unmodified by any third-party and is free of transmission errors.
The library installer, when launched, asks you to provide the library installation path, or to accept the default. You can also choose whether you need the library samples to be installed or not.
After installation, the following structure is created in a destination folder:
- hhdusbmc.dll - USB Monitoring Control ActiveX component
- DIFxAPI.dll - Driver installation framework utility DLL
- hhdusbmc.chm - This documentation
- hhdusbmc.inf - Driver installation information file
- hhdusbmc_x86.cat - 32-bit driver catalog file
- hhdusbmc_x64.cat - 64-bit driver catalog file
- hhdusbmc32.sys - 32-bit filter driver
- hhdusbmc64.sys - 64-bit filter driver
- hhdusbdefs.h - File with internal driver structures definitions
- hhdusbmc.idl - File with library classes and interfaces
- hhdusbmc.h - "Compiled" version of hhdusbmc.idl file
- usb.h - parts of USB-related declarations, taken from Windows DDK. It is recommended to install Windows DDK and use the file from this kit instead
- hhdusbmc.lib - 64-bit import library
- hhdusbmc.lib - 32-bit import library
- usbmc_redist.exe - redistributable module
- Merge Module
- usbmc_msm_x64.msm - 64-bit Windows Installer Merge Module
- usbmc_msm_x86.msm - 32-bit Windows Installer Merge Module
- Library sample solutions and projects
Note that 64-bit device driver cannot be used with 32-bit client code.