Hex Editor Neo Screenshots
Hex Editor Neo Installation
Hex Editor Neo installation package is an executable file signed with HHD Software's digital signature.You can verify the validity of the downloaded file using Windows Explorer.
After downloading the installation file, follow the on-screen instructions to install the product on your computer. Do not forget to restart it if requested.
Hex Editor Neo Pacific Coloring Scheme with Floating Windows
Hex Editor allows you to set colors of almost every editor window's element. Select an element in a list and then select a color using color picker control. You can also set the color to "automatic". The sample window layout below immediately reflects changes you make. Pressing Apply button also immediately applies your current coloring scheme to all opened editor windows. The color of the following elements may be customized:
- Text - the color of text in data and text panes.
- Background - the color of window background. If interlacing is used, rows or columns use "Even column/row" and "Odd column/row" colors instead. Background color is still used for the rest of the window.
- Address - address area text color.
- Address background - address area background color.
- ASCII/UNICODE text - color of the text in text pane.
- ASCII/UNICODE background - text pane background color.
- Even column/row (for interlaced modes) - background color for even columns or rows. Used in interlaced modes.
- Odd column/row (for interlaced modes) - background color for odd columns or rows. Used in interlaced modes.
- "No data" text - text color for the "empty" file data.
- Cursor fill - cursor fill color.
- Cursor outline - cursor outline color.
- Active row & column highlight text - row/column text highlight color.
- Active row & column highlight background - row/column background highlight color.
- Changed text - text color for changed cells.
- Changed background - background color for changed cells.
- Changed outline - outline color for changed cells.
- Selection - color of selection. Selection color's alpha must allow proper color mixing, so selected data is clearly visible.
More details on color schemes customization in the Hex Editor Neo documentation.
Hex Editor Neo Customizable Workspace
A tool window may either be floating or docked to the application frame. A docked tool window may also be auto-hidden. All these terms are described later in this section.
Floating tool window is convenient when you want to maximize the working space used by editor windows. It may be positioned outside of the main application window, and may even be located on another monitor if you have it connected to your computer. This is contrary to the docked tool window, which may only be located within application window.
The position of the floating tool window may be changed by dragging it by its title with a mouse. You can also use mouse to change the size of the floating tool window by dragging either its frame or one of four corners.
More details on workspace layout customization in the Hex Editor Neo documentation.
Hex Editor Neo Optimal Layout with Windows Vista Color Scheme
Hex Editor Neo implements the unique data processing engine which endows it with a number of exclusive and powerful features.
More details on Hex Editor's Data Processing Engine in the Hex Editor Neo documentation.