Shared Serial Ports
Shared Serial Ports is a COM port splitting utility which allows you to share RS232/RS422/RS485 port or hardware serial device for simultaneous access by multiple software communication applications.
It operates in three basic modes: COM Port Share, Serial Port Splitter, Serial Port Mapper.
- Serial Port Splitter - creates multiple virtual com ports (each linked to the specific hardware port). Each created virtual port may be accessed by your serial communication program.
- COM port share - creates virtual serial port (linked to original hardware port) which is accessible by any number of serial communication programs simultaneously.
- Serial Port Mapper - creates virtual com port aliases for real ports. It allows you to map any physical port to any new port name.
Full hardware serial ports emulation and support. Each created port copy behaves exactly as original physical port. The following serial line options are fully emulated: Transmitted Data TxD, Received Data RxD, Data Terminal Ready DTR, Carrier Detect DCD, Data Set Ready DSR, Ring Indicator RI, Request To Send RTS, Clear To Send CTS Serial interface data and signals. All I/O ports (COM Ports) interfaced by 16550 UART: COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4 ... COMN, custom and virtual serial ports registered and visible in Windows device manager under standard Ports (COM & LPT) device class are fully supported.
Following serial port flow control emulations are also supported
- No flow control
- Software flow control (XON/XOFF flow control)
- Hardware flow control (Rs 232 RTS/CTS flow control, DTS/DSR flow control)
- Custom flow control
Our port virtualization technology supports working with plug and play RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 ports as well as legacy serial ports. Serial ports created by PnP USB to Serial converters are also supported. All PnP serial devices and devices connected by DB-9 connector/DB-25 connector will be accessible for incoming connection and transmit data from application connected to each virtual serial port exactly the same way as it were connected to the original device.
The following data transferring speeds and serial port baud rates are fully emulated: 110 bit/s, 300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14400, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 128000 and 256000 bits per second as well as any custom non-standard bit rates.
This virtual serial port tool provides you with GUI and console application control as well as scripting API for com ports management automation from your custom code.
System Requirements Server or Workstation machine with the following hardware options are required: CPU - Dual-core x86, x64 compatible processor, PC Memory - 2 GB of RAM, Storage - 25 MB of free space on your HDD of SSD drive.
OS support Our serial port sharing and splitting tool supports Windows desktop and server platforms starting from Windows Vista (x86 and x64), including Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
This is invaluable tool for testing, development and debugging serial communication applications or working with legacy hardware devices.
Download Shared Serial Ports and start sharing physical devices for serial communication applications in just few seconds!
HHD Serial Port Splitter can be successfully used to:
- Let multiple applications use one hardware serial port
- Access single serial device by multiple communication programs simultaneously
- Create virtual null-modem link to multiple ports
- Replace dedicated serial port splitter/server/switcher in your system configuration
- Create unlimited number of port aliases with custom port number
- Use legacy serial communication applications bound to specific port number
Splitted COM Ports can be successfully used by:
- software developers
- hardware engineers
- IT support specialists
- industrial control personnel
- Ham radio enthusiasts
- systems integrators
- measurements & data collecting specialists
- GPS navigation operators
Shared Ports can be successfully used for:
- Using multiple applications to control Ham Radio transceiver
- Getting data from weather stations by multiple programs simultaneously
- Using data from a single GPS receiver in several programs at the same time
Please use the form below to request a functionality to be included into the product.