USB Monitoring Control Version History
Released on 03/13/2017
- Error installing on some copmuters
- It was impossible to install software on some computers running non-fully updated (through Microsoft Update) Windows 7.
Released on 12/13/2016
- Support for modern OS versions
- This release fully supports latest versions of Windows, including Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and corresponding server editions.
- Support for USB 3.0 and USB 3.1
- This release adds full support for monitoring USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 devices and host controllers.
- Improved stability and performance
- This version of a library features the latest version of USB filter driver (the same revision as in the USB Monitor 7.71). It also features increased monitoring performance and fixes a number of reported and internally discovered bugs.
- Dropped support for old OS versions
- This release drops support for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems, including corresponding server editions. A previous version with support for those OS versions is available here.
- Updated API
- Managed API and native API are now in sync and provide the same functionality.
- License Update
- Registered users: A license update is required!
A new license may be downloaded from the My Account.
Released on 10/13/2010
- Library licensing has changed
- More flexible licensing options are now offered.
Released on 05/01/2010
- New Driver Installation Framework
- This release features a new driver installation mechanism. USBMC now uses built-in Windows services to install the filter driver, resulting in much lower risks of permanently disabling serial devices and reduces the need to reboot the computer.
- New Redistributable Options
- This version of the library greatly simplifies redistribution. Now you do not have to manually copy files and call exported functions. Instead, you can either use the special redistributable installer or use one of the provided Windows Installer merge modules.
Released on 02/10/2010
- Compatibility with STA clients improved
- USBMC now correctly works with single thread apartment clients, including scripting engines.
Released on 12/04/2009
- Several bug fixes
- This release fixes several bugs in the library and samples.
Released on 08/21/2009
- A bug in an MFC sample
- A bug in MFC sample source code that could prevent the sample from being compiled has been fixed.
Released on 08/14/2009
- New sample
- VB.NET sample application is included
- Incorrect paths in samples
- Fixed incorrect paths in several (native) samples
Released on 05/28/2009
- First release
- This is a first release of the library.